1906: Laying of foundation stone for the church
1907 Aug: 4th : Blessing of the church by Vicar General Galle at the request of Rev. Fr. Adolphus Closset
1908 Nov : Rising seas and mini tidal waves lash the beach road destroying the parapet wall of the church.
1909 :A small building erected to house orphaned children within the church premises.
1911: Two alters constructed on either side within the main church. One dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in memory of Rev, Fr, Van.. Antiverpen and the other dedicated to The Blessed Virgin Mary housing the Miraculous Statue of Our Lady.
1911 June 2nd The statue of Our Lady of Matara sent by Rev Fr. Bernard (S.J)for restoration to P . Hent < Pius of Belgium Rt. Rev. Dr.Joseoh Van Reeth Bishop of Galle, for restoration to M. Zeus of Ghent, Belgium Fr. L Beernaert S.J.